If you’re looking for a winner SCD and GAPS friendly dessert you’ve come to the right place! AND, if you LUV homemade 24-hour yogurt, you can’t go past the tangy-sweet flavours of this healthy cheesecake. It's perfectly thick and creamy and is sure to become your new favourite special occasion dessert. It's grain-free and sugar free and is chocked with gut loving probiotics from homemade 24 hour yogurt as well as healing amino acids from gelatin. We think it’s officially the healthiest cheesecake in the world!
It might look complicated but rest assured, each layer is very easy to construct. Follow our method, don’t rush the layers and have fun making it - you'll be rewarded!
50 grams of butter
2 cups ground almond
1 tablespoon raw honey
RASPBERRY JELLY LAYER
1 cup of organic frozen raspberries
1 ½ cups water
2 tablespoons of honey
1 flat tablespoon (10 grams) of powdered gelatin
Additional raspberries for decoration
Place 3 cups of homemade yoghurt into a colander lined with a piece of muslin cloth or drip in a nut-bag and for approximately 1 hour.
1. Grease a 9-inch spring form tin with butter.
2. Preheat oven to 160°C / 320°F
3. Melt the butter then add the honey and stir to combine.
4. Place the ground almond into a large bowl and make a well in the centre
5. Pour in the melted butter and honey into the bowl and stir with a spatula to form a sticky dough.
6. Press the dough evenly and firmly into the base of the tin with the back of a spoon or use your fingertips.
7. Bake for approx. 8 minutes. Note: The combination of nuts and honey burn easily. A light golden brown is perfect.
8. When cooked the base will be soft to touch - as it cools it will firm up.
9. Allow base to cool completely before adding the yogurt layer.
YOGURT CHEESE LAYER
10. Once the yogurt has dripped, discard or save the whey for another purpose.
11. In a small saucepan combine the water and gelatin. Stir then set aside for 2 minutes to form a thick paste.
12. On the stove-top gently heat the gelatin - stir briskly until the gelatin becomes liquid. Note: Gelatin crystals dissolve at body temperature, so this will only take a few seconds. Do not over heat or boil.
13. Remove from the heat and set aside. If the gelatin mixture was heated for too long, you must allow the mixture to cool to below 40°C / 104°F before adding it to the yogurt mixture.
14. Place the dripped yogurt, honey and vanilla into the clear Vibe blender jug and blend on ‘smoothie’ mode for 5 seconds. Stop and scrape down the sides with a spatula.
15. Pour in the liquid gelatin and blend for another 5 seconds.
16. Pour the yogurt mixture onto the cooled biscuit base.
17. Refrigerate until firm. Note: Make sure the yogurt layer is firm to touch before pouring on the raspberry jelly layer. Tip: place in the freezer for 1 hour to speed it along.
RASPBERRY JELLY LAYER
18. Simmer the raspberries in water for approximately 5 minutes until soft and falling apart.
19. Remove from heat and strain through a sieve to remove the seeds. Push down with the back of a spoon until only the seeds remain. Discard the seeds.
20. Pour the raspberry sauce back into the saucepan then add the gelatin powder.
21. Return the raspberry sauce to a very low heat and stir briskly until the gelatin has dissolved. Avoid over-heating and do not boil.
22. Remove from the heat and allow to cool to below 40°C / 104°F
23. Gently spoon the raspberry sauce onto the yogurt layer.
24. Place the cheesecake in the fridge to set completely then decorate with extra raspberries.
25. Run a sharp knife around the edge of the spring-form tin before releasing.
26. To serve, dollop extra homemade yogurt or cultured cream on top.
27. Store airtight in the fridge for up to 6 days