It wouldn’t be Christmas without an amazing chocolate dessert. Nobody will know this rich and decadent tart is filled with healthy nutrient-dense ingredients. It’s made up of a crunchy press-in, nut base, and a rich and silky chocolate and coconut cream filling. It’s free from refined sugar and dairy, so everybody can eat this!
The better the chocolate you can buy, the lovelier it will be. With the Vibe Blender System, it is so very simple to make. And bonus, you can make this chocolate tart days ahead if you need. Refrigerate or freeze it. From the fridge the texture will be softer and mousse like. Frozen it will be more firm, but still sliceable, (perfect for summer). I topped my chocolate tart with fresh berries but left nude or dusted with cacao would be wonderful too. Your party guests will love it.
1 cup (approx. 130g) pecans or almonds (or a mix of both)
7 Medjool dates pitted and chopped
1 tablespoon of cacao powder
1 tablespoon (20g) coconut oil melted
Pinch of salt
1 cup coconut milk or cream* (cream part of the can only)
200g premium quality 70% (or darker) chocolate
7 pitted Medjool dates pitted and chopped
¼ cup (30g) coconut sugar or your preferred sweetener
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Dusted cocoa powder
*for the best tasting coconut cream use Aroy-d coconut milk or Savoy coconut cream or similar Thai brands.
1. Grease an (8 inch) tart pan with a removable bottom with coconut oil.
2. Add the base ingredients into the Vibe Blender jug in the order listed.
3. Pulse in short burst until the mixture resembles a fine crumb. If the nuts are stuck under the blades. Use a blunt butter knife to loosen the mixture and then continue pulsing.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and press down firmly with the back of a spoon or your fingertips to cover the bottom and up the sides.
5. Place in the fridge while you prepare the filling. No need to clean the Vibe Blender jug.
6. Gently heat the coconut cream and chocolate until it has just melted. Don’t overheat as the chocolate may seize.
7. Pour the chocolate cream into the Vibe Blender jug.
8. Add the chopped dates, sugar and vanilla.
9. Blend on ‘soup’ mode for approx. 60 seconds or until everything is combined and completely smooth. You don’t want the dates to be detectable.
10. Pour the filling into the tart base and spread the sides.
11. Place in the fridge or freezer to chill.
12. Before serving, top the chocolate tart with fresh berries or toppings/decoration of your choice.
13. Store in an airtight container refrigerated for one week or frozen for 2 months.