Say goodbye to empty calorie store-bought bars! These easy to make, super nut & seed energy bars are loaded with nutrients and seriously yummy. Perfect for a snack, post workout or hike energy boost or healthy dessert, especially if you drizzle a little chocolate on them. They’re vegan, paleo, SCD and GAPS friendly.
Super nut and seed energy bars are packed with protein and fibre from nuts and seeds, healthy fats from coconut and just the right amount of sweetness from dried fruit.
Let the Vibe blender System do all the tedious chopping for you. Super nut and seed energy bars are quick and easy to make. Best of all you get to say what goes in them. The recipe is completely customisable. Use whichever nuts and seeds and fruits you love best. Then switch up and reinvent the bars with new ingredients every time you make them.
We lightly roast the nuts and seeds to boost the flavour and give that little bit of extra crunch. If you activated the nuts, you can skip this step.
1 ½ cups whole almonds
1 cup pecans
1 cup (80g) shredded or desiccated coconut
½ cup mixed seeds of your choice
1 ¼ cups of dried fruit of your choice
½ cup (125ml) coconut oil
½ cut (120g) nut butter of your choice
1/3 cup (230g) honey or maple syrup
1 teaspoon of vanilla
¼ teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon of ground ginger
60-100g dark chocolate (depending on your desired coverage)
1. Preheat the oven to 160 C
Add the whole almonds into the Vibe Blender jug, choose ‘nut’ mode and blend for 8-10 seconds or until you have a coarse meal. Empty onto a baking tray.
2. Add the pecans to the blender jug. Pulse 2-3 times to lightly crush then add them to the tray
3. Add the coconut and mixed seeds to the tray.
4. Mix the nuts and seed and spread to an even coverage on the tray.
5. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until the coconut has turned golden. If you are using activated nuts, you can skip this step.
6. Tip the nuts and seeds into a large bowl
7. Add the dried fruit
8. In a small saucepan melt the coconut oil and nut butter together over a gentle heat. Remove from the heat, add the vanilla, salt and ginger powder then mix to a smooth consistency.
9. Pour over the nut mixture and mix until well combined.
10. Line a 30x20 baking tin with baking paper
11. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tray and press down and smooth with the back of a spoon.
12. Place in the fridge for an hour to set.
13. Once set cut into even sized bars.
14. Melt dark chocolate in a heat proof bowl over bowling water.
15. Drizzle bars with melted chocolate
16. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 week or in the freezer for up to a month.