Put down that hand whisk, the blender method is as easy as pie and takes only seconds for billowy, soft peaks to form. You’ll never look back.
The great thing about using the Vibe Blender to whip up cream is the variable speed setting, so whether you want soft, medium or stiff peaks you have that control at your fingertips. Depending on the consistency you want, it takes 10 to 20 seconds. Keep an eye on it because cream is sensitive and over whipping will lead to butter, (which you can also certainly do in the Vibe Blender). The method is coming soon.
You can also whip cultured cream. Like homemade yogurt, cultured cream is a fermented food that contains live bacterial cultures. With a yogurt maker culturing cream couldn’t be more straight-forward. You can watch our cultured cream recipe how-to video here.
Here’s our top tips for blending & storing whipped cream:
400ml thickened cream (or more)
1. Pour the cream into the Vibe Blender jug then secure the lid on.
2. Choose ‘smoothie’ mode and toggle the speed to the lowest setting.
3. Blend on low for about 10-12 seconds.
4. Stop and open lid. Your cream should have thickened a little, but still be somewhat soft.
5. It will only take a few extra seconds to give you stiff peaks.
6. For a sweet version, now is the time to add sugar, (or sweetener of your choice) plus vanilla.
7. Blend in short intervals or use the ‘pulse’ setting until you have the consistency you desire.
8. Now all you need to do is spoon the cream out into a dish or spread onto wherever it’s destined to top.