When fresh mangos are in abundance, stock up the freezer with mango cheeks for cultured, mango nice-cream, anytime! It’s dairy free, sugar free, vegan, paleo, SCD and GAPS. It couldn’t be easier; and no ice-cream maker is required.
Frozen mango cheeks whizzed up with homemade coconut yogurt instantly becomes delicious fruit based nice-cream perfection in seconds. It's smooth, creamy and naturally, sweet. It’s the ideal summer dessert or after school treat.
Cultured mango and coconut fruit ice-cream is a health treat that everyone will love. With homemade coconut yogurt, this healthy mango ice-cream is jam packed with probiotic goodness too. What a heavenly way to get good gut loving bacteria into your belly! In fact, any of our yogurt recipes could be whipped up into mango ice-cream. Why not try our dairy varieties - cow milk, raw milk, goat milk or our superfood almond yogurt.
Depending on the sweetness of the cheeks (and your own sweet tooth of course) you may want to add a little honey.
Enjoy it in a cone or bowl topped with toasted coconut chips. The combination of textures is amazing!
This ice cream is at it’s very best as soon as it’s made - enjoy it straight away (and before it melts). Of course, you can freeze it for another time or spoon it later as a smoothie.
6 frozen mango cheeks
1 cup coconut yogurt
1 tablespoon of honey (optional)
1. Chop up the frozen mango cheeks into bite sized chunks.
2. Place the coconut yogurt and frozen mango and optional sweetener in the Vibe Blender Jug.
3. Insert the ‘tamper’ into the blender lid and secure it on the jug.
4. Choose 'smoothie' mode and blend for approximately 50 seconds. Use the tamper to push the frozen mango down into the blades in a circular motion. You may need to stop once to scrape down the sides.
5. Taste test and add honey if required.
6. Straight from the blender your mango nice-cream will resemble creamy soft-serve. Scoop it into cones or bowls. Enjoy it right away before it melts!!
7. For extra firmness, spoon the nice-cream into another container and put it in the freezer for an hour or so before serving. Note, if you leave it too long it will freeze rock solid.